Northpoint’s Promise is a mental health treatment program for those who need a flexible support course. Thanks to our partial hospitalization program or PHP, we can provide individuals with the therapy they require to heal, recover, and stay healthy, all tailored to their particular schedules. This outpatient mental health treatment stage can help people and families maintain their well-being.
Partial Hospitalization Program Mental Health Treatment
Is PHP Right for You?
This outpatient mental health therapy is designed to assist those with a primary mental illness diagnosis. It’s excellent for people who require more mental health care than part-time or essential outpatient services can give after being discharged from an inpatient facility or for those who need more mental health treatment than part-time or essential outpatient services.
We accept patients who need the following:
- To stabilize their mental health symptoms
- Group and individual care
- Psychiatric consult and evaluation
- Medication management needs
- Support within the community
- Education on how to manage their diagnosis better
What Is Required to Join the Program?
PHP necessitates that patients have reached a point of physical and mental stability to participate fully in all therapeutic procedures. This is an outpatient program. Therefore, patients should not require 24-hour care. Patients should live independently or be accommodated with alternative living arrangements, such as a sober living facility, instead of requiring round-the-clock assistance.
Whether you’re a client, family member, or referral source, feel free to contact our admissions team anytime. Our Admissions Team will help patients to:
- Schedule an assessment with a licensed clinician
- Gain recommendations for care and begin within 48 hours or less
- Participate in the orientation process
- Begin group sessions and meet with a counselor and psychiatrist
A multi-disciplinary team of experts, including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, peer support technicians, social recreation therapists, and psychologists manage the mental health PHP.
Length of Program: Approximately 4-5 weeks
PHP programming incorporates a variety of mental health education, trauma healing, experiential activities, art therapy, yoga/tai chi, skill development, process groups, goal formation and evaluation, and music therapy.
- A licensed master-level clinician will facilitate all groups
- Crisis intervention as needed
- Lunch provided at the treatment facility
- Daily contact with medical staff (RN) and psychiatrist as needed, along with medication management non-addictive forming medications
- Two weekly appointments with a psychiatrist
- A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Daily group 9-12 pm and 1-4 pm
- Weekly sessions with a counselor
- Daily peer support
- Discharge planning for ongoing IOP and individual care within the community upon completion of the track
- Family sessions, as requested
- Assistance with FMLA or STD paperwork as needed
- Case management as needed
We may refer a client to another team or mental health facility if these conditions are present:
- Active psychosis (delusions, hallucinations)
- Anyone wishing to remain on addictive forming medications- Adderall, benzos, pain killers, etc
- Anyone actively abusing substances and not wanting to stop
- Active suicidal or homicidal thoughts with a plan
- Those who would have severe enough symptoms and would be unable to participate cordially in an assessment
- Anyone threatening active harm to themselves or others